If thinking of summer clothing has you stressed out, relax. There are some simple steps you can take to shed pounds.
These are not “hyped” or trendy tips, but easy common sense ways toward your goal of losing weight.
- Drink water. Start your day with bottle in hand and drink it all day long. Hydration is key in maintaining overall health anyway.
- Put protein first on your list. Protein is not only good for overall health, but it keeps those pesky cravings at bay. Instead of reaching for carbs, go for a protein rich food.
- Eat those green veggies. They are loaded with fiber and water to help you feel full, not to mention the bonus of reducing inflammation and fighting disease.
- Don’t forget the fats. Yes, we said that. Remember portion control and that 30% of your calories should be from fats. Just choose wisely.
- Listen to your body, not your mind. While you focus on cupcakes or “happy” foods, your body only wants fuel. Learn to read the signs.