Science keeps giving us good news about coffee.
The benefits of a cup of java are both surprising and, if downing in moderation, long term. Let’s rattle some off:
- Working out. You get a faster and more effective workout after two cups.
- Power naps. If you want a solid short snooze, down a cup of coffee and then take a 20 minute nap. No more or no less. The time is key because the coffee will kick in just as you wake up.
- Making ethical decisions. If you suffer from a lack of sleep, you tend to make more unethical decisions at work. But, drink 12 ounces of coffee and you become much more ethical. We don’t know why, but there you are.
- Better Memory. Drinking about two cups of coffee a day will help your short term memory. The java increases brain activity in several areas causing your short term memory to function better. Long term? No change.
- Creativity. This isn’t really the coffee, but the coffee shop.The ambient noise boosts the creativity you produce.