Sparkling Water May Be Bad For Our Teeth

posted by Suzanne And Greg In The Morning - 

Many of us have given up soda and swapped them for sparkling water. We think we’re being healthy because these flavored bubbly waters don’t have sugar, but turns out they have another downside. According to Dr. Edmond R. Hewlett, a spokesperson for the American Dental Association, drinking a lot of flavored or bubbly water can erode tooth enamel.

There’s not a lot of research on the subject yet, but flavored water is acidic, and acidic drinks can cause tooth enamel to erode. In other words, this makes teeth more susceptible to cavities and more sensitive. And even if your sparkling water isn’t flavored, it’s also acidic because the carbon dioxide bubbles turn to carbonic acid in your mouth.

Plus, if you add lemon or lime to your bubbly water, you’re adding even more acid. Sparkling and flavored waters aren’t as acidic as sodas, so if you’re only drinking them in moderation, you’re safe.

Dr. Hewlett just advises you minimize how long the flavored water is touching your teeth. Eating food while you’re drinking them helps, too.  He suggests swishing with regular water after your bubbly beverage.

Source: Delish

Suzanne And Greg In The Morning

Suzanne And Greg In The Morning

Want to know more about Suzanne And Greg In The Morning? Get their official bio, social pages & articles on 96-1 SRS! Read more

title

Content Goes Here