We’re all busy with our hectic schedules and some nights, that means we need dinner to be the quickest, easiest thing we can pull together. And sometimes that means we end up eating less healthy meals, like pizza, fast food, or whatever we find in the pantry.
But according to registered dietitian Keri Glassman, it’s easy to throw together a quick, healthy meal when we get home from work and we’re starving. And it all has to do with keeping the right stuff on hand in the fridge to throw together a nutritious meal in a flash.
Glassman says we should always have these things on our shopping list:
- Cans of organic chickpeas, kidney beans, tuna, and salmon
- Bags of prewashed salad greens
- Frozen cauliflower rice
- Frozen veggies like cauliflower, broccoli, and asparagus
- Frozen precooked, microwavable organic brown rice
- Frozen fruit like raspberries and mango
- Fresh produce such as tomatoes and cucumbers
- Savory extras like olives or feta cheese
With these ingredients on hand, when you get home at the end of a long day, you can throw together a few of these and have a healthy meal in no time. And you won’t have to feel guilty for ordering takeout for the third time this week.
Source: Women's Health