When you were a kid, you may have had an old lady in your neighborhood who passed out raisins for Halloween, disappointing all the trick-or-treaters. But as much as you despised those healthy “treats,” some kids had it way worse. According to a Reddit thread which asked “What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever gotten while trick-or-treating?” some people have a much broader interpretation of what a treat is.
These are some of the craziest things kids have gotten in their candy bags Halloween night:
- A caramel apple that turned out to be a caramel onion, which the kid discovered by taking a huge bite.
- A pocket sized version of the New Testament.
- Cans of green beans and corn
- Travel coffee mugs
- Shoe laces
- A brisket sandwich. Other years that same house gave kettle corn, hot dogs, burgers, and mini loaves of bread with soup inside. And the trick-or-treaters loved it!
- A walnut and a nickel
- Postage stamps
- Dog food
- Fireworks! Some guy in the neighborhood handed out firecrackers and bottle rockets, but he marked the kids’ right hands with permanent marker, so they couldn’t get more than one each.
- A can of tuna
- A mixtape
- A raw potato with googly-eyes on it
- A tennis ball
- A bar of Lever 2000 soap