Airports are bound to be busy next week for the Thanksgiving holiday, it’s pretty safe to say the roads will be too thanks to all the people getting into their cars to travel to their holiday destination. While many will try to leave early, or maybe even late, to avoid the holiday traffic, chances are you’ll hit it no matter what.
There’s no doubt that there are peak travel times over the Thanksgiving week, and the traffic and navigation app Waze has come out with a report detailing the hours they determined will be the worst based on travel from their 90-million users last year.
According to Waze, the overall worst time to travel before Thanksgiving, regardless of where you live, is Tuesday, November 21st at 5pm. Meanwhile, Monday, November 27th at 7am and 5pm will be the worst for after Thanksgiving travel, although they admit that Sunday, November 26th at 2pm will also be pretty bad.
These are the worst times to travel over Thanksgiving:
- Tuesday, November 21st – 4pm to 6pm
- Wednesday, November 22nd – 3pm to 5pm
- Thursday, November 23rd – 12pm to 2pm
- Friday, November 24th – 2pm to 4pm
- Saturday, November 25th – 2pm to 5pm
- Sunday, November 26th – 1pm to 3pm
- Monday, November 27th – 4pm to 6pm
Source: New York Post