If you’re one of the many Americans who made a New Year’s resolution to find a new job in 2018, you may be in luck. According to a new CareerBuilder survey, 44% of employers are looking to hire full-time, permanent employees in the coming year, with 51% are expected to hire part-time, permanent employees.
So what fields are likely hiring the most full-time workers? They include:
- Jobs tied to skilled labor (30%)
- Jobs tied to data analysis (25%)
- Jobs tied to digital marketing (17%)
- Jobs tied to cybersecurity (15%)
- Jobs tied to automation (12%)
- Jobs tied to artificial intelligence and machine learning (10%)
And here’s even more good news for those looking for work. CareerBuilder reports that a majority of employers are expected to offer higher wages to new employees. The survey found that 30% plan to increase starting wages for new hires by 5%, while 36% will pass on that increase to their current staff as well.
- But all this hiring isn’t good news for everyone. In fact, employers may not be looking forward to it, mainly because it’s hard to find qualified applicants. In fact, 45% of HR managers say they have jobs they can’t fill because of a lack of qualified talent, with 58% saying they have jobs that have taken 12 weeks or longer to fill.
Source: Yahoo Finance