Not everyone who has a special someone to spend Valentine’s Day loves the love holiday. Some people actually hate it and that can make it harder to find them the perfect present to show how much you care on February 14. But if you know why they dislike Valentine’s Day, here are some gift ideas for your anti-Valentine:
- If they think It's super cheesy: something artsy - Even though everything is pink, red, and heart-shaped this time of year, you can still find something for your Valentine that breaks that mold. If your sweetie hates how corny this holiday can be, go for an artsy gift and show them how much you care in style.
- If it's a painful reminder of being unlucky in love: something personalized - If your bestie is down because she doesn’t have anyone to celebrate Valentine’s Day with, distract her from all the super mushy posts on social media by giving her a personalized present. Remind her how loved she is with something unique, like a necklace from Etsy with her name.
- They think planning the perfect date is too much pressure: An authentic food experience - For those who aren’t natural-born planners, there’s EatWith. You choose a destination in over 130 countries and they’ll help you find the social eating experience right for you, with a host to make it more than a just meal.
- If they think monetizing love is completely unromantic: matching temporary tattoos - If your main squeeze thinks it cheapens the meaning of your bond to spend large amounts of money on a Valentine’s dinner or gift, show them you care by writing them a song or poem, or something that’s anti-long-term commitment, like a temporary tattoo.
- If they have a chocolate allergy: monthly alcohol membership - Show your Valentine you care with a beer or wine of the month club subscription. They’ll get a monthly reminder of your affection delivered right to their door and might even share with you.
Source: Elite Daily