Being a parent is never easy, and any little bit of help that may make your day go smoothly is certainly welcome. Well, Buzzfeed has just compiled a list of 23 hacks every parent with young kids should know and we bet a lot of them will come in handy.
Among the suggested hacks (click here for all 23):
- Use shower caps to prevent the dirty wheels of your folded-up stroller from making a mess.
- Use an egg carton as the palette for your child's finger paints or paint pots.
- If your kid is the messy artist type, just put them in the tub with their paint and let them have at it; then just rinse the tub afterwards.
- Stick a trimmed pool noodle on the door to prevent fingers from getting jammed and doors from getting slammed.
- Write your child's name with a glue gun on the soles of their shoes. The dried glue will also act as an anti-slip grip.
- Make your own ball pool using a laundry hamper and a few plastic balls.
- Instead of using "shushing" noises, try to calm your screaming baby with an "OMMMMMMMMMMM" (as if you're meditating). The sound is supposedly a lot like the sounds that babies hear in the womb.
- If you want to slowly wean them off their pacifier, slowly cut off little pieces of it – eventually your child will find it too weird to use anymore.