Thankfully winter is on its way out and warmer spring days are ahead. Flowers start blooming, grass is growing in parks again, and festivals and flea markets are popping back up this time of year. So here are some romantic, but cheap date ideas for spring that won’t break your budget.
- The Classic Picnic - Nothing beats a good, old-fashioned picnic. And you don’t have to spend a lot to create an ideal picnic date menu because everything is cuter when you’re eating it outside on a blanket. Make some PB&Js, grab some fruit, a pitcher of lemonade or bottle of wine and you’re ready for the park.
- DIY "Drive In" Movie - You don’t have to wait for your local summer movie festivals to start, create your own “drive-in” outside instead. All you need is a blanket, some pillows, snacks, and a fully charged laptop to enjoy a flick under the stars in your backyard or porch.
- Go Fly A Kite! - But for real. Kites are cheap, fun, and a little challenging, plus they make for a great sunny day date, as long as you’re somewhere windy.
- Create An Outdoor Cocktail Bar - Sipping drinks on the porch at a trendy rooftop bar is a lovely way to spend a warm afternoon, but it’s also pretty pricey. So skip the expensive hot spots and make drinks at home, but take them outside to your patio or even your fire escape to enjoy.
- Go For A Bike Ride - If you don’t have your own, rent one from a shared program and go explore on two wheels with your sweetie. You can stop for selfies, snacks, and a beer without spending much and you’ll get fresh air, vitamin D, and exercise, too.
Source: Elite Daily