Tired of hitting snooze for an hour and feeling groggy every morning? Switch up your morning routine and add in some of these to give your mornings a jump start. And the best part is they all take five minutes or less.
- Have More “Me” Time - Karena Dawn and Katrina Scott, the BFF trainers behind Tone It Up say that the earlier you wake up, the more time you have to devote to yourself. You can turn the morning into “me time” before family life or work start creeping in. Dr. Uma Naidoo,director of nutritional and lifestyle psychiatry at Massachusetts General Hospital explains, “Taking a moment when you open your eyes to focus on mindfulness, perhaps setting a positive intention for the day, can be very helpful in making one feel energized.”
- Salute the Sun - Dr. Naidoo also advises doing an “easy version” of a yoga Sun Salutation to get you moving in the morning and center yourself mentally. It’s a series of poses that “warms, strengthens, and aligns the body,” that helps you feel ready to handle the day.
- Drink Up - Drinking a cold glass of water helps zap any overnight dehydration and gives you energy as it balances your metabolism, Dr. Nadoo explains. A cup of coffee can give you an instant buzz, too, and it’s got lots of antioxidants as well.
- Eat an Energizing Breakfast - Chia seed pudding is a really nutritious breakfast and those seeds give you protein, fiber, and energy. Toss in some berries for flavor and an extra punch of antioxidants.
- Listen to Some Solid Jams - Play the music that lifts your spirits and pumps you up and help boost your energy while having your own private dance party.
- Listen to Suzanne & Greg In The Morning on 96-1 SRS!
Source: Hello Giggles