Some trendsetters and fashion influencers out there may have an unlimited clothing budget, but most of us don’t have that luxury. We’re not dropping thousands on outfits, but that doesn’t mean we can’t look like we are. These tips will help make your clothes look more expensive.
- Get things tailored - The perfect fit makes everything look like it was made for your body not off the discount rack at the mall.
- Tuck in your tops - Polish your overall look by tucking your shirt into your pants or skirt.
- Wear all one color - Monochromatic dressing is easy and chic.
- Stick to basics - A white button-down, black pants and a black blazer never goes out of style, but piling on too many trends can take your outfit from stylish to cheap.
- Keep your wardrobe in great condition - Even if your outfit is on point, a scuffed up handbag or dirty sneakers will downgrade your ensemble.
- Invest in one really nice bag - This is one place you should splurge. Your jeans could be from H&M and your T-shirt from Target, but if you’re carrying a timeless quilted Chanel bag, that’s all anyone’s going to see. Invest in a classic piece you can wear day or night to elevate any look.
- Be smart with prints - When you’re going for elegant, stick with bold, straightforward prints, like leopard, and wear them with neutrals like black, white, and gray.
- Go for longer hemlines - You’ll almost always look more refined in a midi-length skirt or dress than in a short mini.