Looking for a fun adventure this summer? If you haven’t already made plans, why not hit the open road with the one you love and check out some cool sites across the country? Here are some inexpensive road trips you can take with your partner in crime that won’t break your budget.
- If you both love to hike, check out Horseshoe Bend, Arizona - Forget the pricey Grand Canyon tour and explore Horseshoe Bend This spot in Page, Arizona has a beautiful Insta-worthy landscape and there’s no entry fee, so it’s free to hike. Late morning or early afternoon gives the best views without the river being hidden in shadow or sun blocking your view.
- If you two are all about the 'gram, visit Seven Magic Mountains, Nevada - You’ve probably seen this colorful art installation on your Instagram Explore page and if you want to check it out, you’d better get going. This two-year public art exhibition went up in 2016 and is only guaranteed to be up through the end of 2018.
- If you're an artsy couple, head to Nashville, Indiana - This is the other Nashville, the one that’s an artists' colony in Indiana. Check out art galleries, artists’ studios, shops, music venues, and wineries and breweries. This small, historic town will remind you of an episode of “Gilmore Girls.”
- If you're looking to party together, go to Virginia Beach, Virginia - The three-mile long Virginia Beach boardwalk is a big attraction, three oceanfront stages have entertainment every evening and there’s a free summer concert series as well.
- If the two of you are feeling nautical, ship up to York, Maine - Love the coast? Then get to York, Maine and explore the Nubble Lighthouse, the most photographed lighthouse in the country. There’s Dunne's Ice Cream for a cool summer treat after a trip to the beach.
Source: Elite Daily