A lot of us wish we had those perfectly flat abs we’re used to seeing on models and other famous faces, but doing a few crunches now and again isn’t going to make them suddenly appear on our bodies. In addition to exercise, what you’re eating could get you one step closer to those envious abs, and now Ella Magers, author of “The Six Weeks to Sexy Abs Meal Plan,” is revealing what to add to your diet if flat abs are your goal.
Food that help you get flat abs include:
- Leafy Greens – Magers likes them because they are “nutrient-dense” and “calorie light.”
- Avocado – It’s a healthy fat that can be a good substitute for mayo.
- Fresh Fruit - Fruit is packed with nutrients, and Magers recommends eating a variety. She adds that early in the day it will give you a quick boost of energy.
- Chickpeas – They are high in fiber and protein.
- Flaxseed meal – It adds fiber, protein and omega 3s to your diet, and is better than regular flaxseed cause it’s easier to digest.
- Fresh vegetable juice, especially green juice – It can give your digestive system a break, because you get all the nutrients of veggies, with less of an effort to digest them.
- Portobello Mushrooms – A great meat substitute that’s filling and has low calories.
- Any nut milk – Dairy isn’t good for promoting flat abs, so nut milk is a great replacement.
- Tempeh – Magers says it’s a “great fat blaster that’s packed with protein.”
- Dates – Magers calls them “perfect whole food and are full of fiber,” and adds that they are a great substitute for sugar.
- Farro – An ancient grain that has twice the calcium as quinoa, plus it has a delicious nutty flavor.