Now that summer is almost officially over, it’s time to focus on fall and all the tasty fruits and vegetables to fill up on this season. Here are some produce picks for autumn that are packed with good-for-you nutrients and will look festive on your Instagram stories, too.
- Apples - Nothing says fall like apples and all the treats and activities that go with them, and this fruit is also full of antioxidants, especially vitamin C, which boosts the immune system.
- Pumpkin - This autumn staple isn’t just good for Halloween decorations, it’s a great source of vitamin A and beta-carotene.
- Brussels sprouts - You might not have loved them as a kid, but they deserve another chance because they’re high in iron and vitamin K and tastier than you remember.
- Figs - They’re full of fiber as well as potassium, which helps control blood pressure.
- Cauliflower - This trendy veggie is low-carb, but it’s also a super source of vitamins C and K, as well as folate.
- Beets - Try this root vegetable roasted for a tasty dish that has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, and they’re high in folate, potassium, and manganese, too.
- Pears - Another fall fruit that’s a good source of fiber, pears also contain vitamin C, along with copper, which may help prevent certain cancers, and boron, a nutrient that helps the body hold on to calcium.
- Butternut squash - This winter veggie is rich in fiber, beta carotene, and vitamin C.
- Sweet potato - Eat them because they’re delicious, but all the fiber, vitamin A and vitamin C makes them really good for us, too.
- Grapes - They contain vitamin K, which helps build stronger bones, and polyphenols, so they should earn a spot on your fall grocery shopping list.
Source: Women's Health