You might not be able to smell fall in the air just yet, but it’s coming. And while some dread the thought of the coming cooler weather, there’s a lot to be excited about with fall’s arrival. Save the hibernation for winter and take advantage of these fun fall outdoor activities the whole family will enjoy this season.
- Hayride - A ride on a hay-filled wagon is fun for the kids and can be romantic for the grown-ups.
- Outdoor movies - Some places don’t stop showing outdoor movies until November, so catch one under the stars with the family this fall.
- Get lost in a corn maze - This exciting activity requires you to put your heads together to strategize and figure out the way out.
- Head to an apple orchard for some picking - Get some healthy, local fruit and have some wholesome fun as a family.
- Take a hike - Sure, you can do it all year, but head out in autumn in the mountains to see the amazing fall colors in nature. You can also hop on a bicycle to take in the beauty that way.
- Camping - It might be chilly, but that’s part of the fun, right? There are fewer mosquitoes in the fall, plus, s’mores and campfires are more fun when it’s cooler.
- Bird watching - Catch the flocks flying south for warm weather this season.
- Have a fall-themed picnic - Grab some seasonal snacks, some apple cider or hot chocolate and head to a scenic spot to enjoy your goodies in the crisp fall weather.
- Stargazing - Put your jacket on and get outside after dark to enjoy the autumn sky, it’s the only time you can see certain constellations.
- Take a harvest tour - Most wineries and vineyards open to the public for special tours during harvest time. The kiddos will like eating fresh grapes and seeing how they get mashed to make wine. The adults will enjoy tasting the finished product.
Source: The Stir