Halloween is the best holiday of the year for some and they’ve been planning what to dress up as since last November 1st. Then there are those of us who are still trying to decide what costume to wear this year, or we haven’t been able to get our kiddos to commit to one yet so we’re still looking. And if you’re hoping to avoid dressing up as the same thing everyone else is going to be this Halloween, Google is here to help with a list of the most searched for costumes of 2018.
Thanks to Google Trends’ findings, we now have the Frightgeist list, aka the costumes you’ll see at everywhere this year. This year’s top searches include long-standing favorites, like a witch and a pirate, along with some trendier ones. These are 2018’s top 10 most searched for Halloween costumes, according to Google.
10) Princess - With two high profile royal weddings this year, it makes sense that princesses are a popular choice for Halloween costumes.
9) Rabbit - Maybe Regina George was onto something.
8) Pirate - Yo-ho, from the classic pirate look to one more Johnny Depp-like, there’s a good chance you’ll see a pirate this year.
7) Superhero - From Wonder Woman to Black Panther, there will be lots of superheroes out this Halloween. And here’s a fun fact: Google reports that comic book characters make up 11% of all costume searches.
6) Harley Quinn - People love this villain and she’s consistently listed as one of the most popular Halloween costumes.
5) Witch - It’s a classic costume and with “Hocus Pocus” turning 25 this year, expect to see a lot of witches and some Sanderson sisters.
4) Dinosaur - “Jurassic World” may have inspired lots of trick-or-treaters to be a dinosaur this year.
3) Unicorn - This mythical creature is still as popular as ever, so you’re almost certain to run into a unicorn for Halloween.
2) Spider-Man - Of all the comic book characters, Spidey seems to be the one everyone wants to be.
1) Fortnite - This was the most searched-for costume in 43 states, according to Google, which means you’ll be seeing a lot of these this year.