It’s safe to say that most people in America, and maybe even the world, love pizza. For some people, pizza isn’t just something you grab on the go, but the ultimate food, with many people making it their mission in life to find the ultimate pizza pie.
Well, TripAdvisor is here to help those folks. They just came out with their list of the Best Pizzerias in America, basing their choices on millions of reviews and opinions from TripAdvisor diners. Those earning top honors were determined by taking into account the quality and quantity of reviews, with more weight to reviews from the past year.
Topping the list this year is Regina Pizzeria in Boston, Massachusetts, known for their signature pie, “The Giambotta," which is topped with pepperoni, Regina sausage, salami, mushrooms, peppers, onions, fresh basil and mozzarella cheese. As one reviewer noted, “This pizza was very reminiscent of pizza I had in Naples and I haven't found anything like it in the U.S. until now."
Top Ten Best Pizzerias in America
- Regina Pizzeria - Boston, MA
- Bleecker Street Pizza - New York City, NY
- Modern Apizza – New Haven, CT
- Home Slice Pizza – Austin, TX
- Moose's Tooth Pub and Pizzeria – Anchorage, AK
- Juliana's Pizza – Brooklyn, NY
- Five Points Pizza – Nashville, TN
- Joey's House of Pizza – Nashville, TN
- Andolini's Pizzeria – Tulsa, OK
- Duetto Pizza and Gelato – Key West, FL
- The site also named the Top Pizza Cities in the U.S. and to no one’s surprise New York City tops the list, followed by Chicago and Las Vegas.
Top Ten U.S. Pizza Cities
- New York, NY
- Chicago, IL
- Las Vegas, NV
- San Francisco, CA
- Orlando, FL
- Seattle, WA
- Boston, MA
- San Diego, CA
- Atlanta, GA
- Washington, DC