Have you ever wondered what it was like to live in another era? Kim Marx-Kuczynski from Madison, Wisconsin found some proof in a 1958 “McCall’s” magazine with the article “129 Ways to Get a Husband” at a rummage sale. That put her knee deep in the 50s and she was amazed at the social norms back then.
The article, which Kim shared online, starts “In the United States today there are 16-million women over the age of seventeen who are not married. Presumably the vast majority of them would like to be.” So they apparently came up with lists for the “how to” score a husband. Some of the gems include “have your car break down in strategic places,” “get a job in a medical, dental, or law school,” “Look in census reports for places with the most single men.” Seriously. Here’s a sampling – and for the full list CLICK HERE:
Where To Find Him
- Be friendly to ugly men - handsome is as handsome does
- Get lost at football games
- Get a job demonstrating fishing tackle in a sporting goods store
How To Let Him Know You Are There
- Stumble when you walk into a room that he’s in
- Make a lot of money
- Stand in a corner and cry softly. Chances are good that he’ll come over to find out what’s wrong
How To Look Good To Him
- Practice drinking with your woman friends first
- Get better looking glasses or try contact lenses
- Don’t whine - girls who whine stay on the vine!
Source: Bored Panda