You know the classic holiday song “The 12 Days of Christmas?” Well, did you ever wonder what it would cost if you actually bought your "true love" all the gifts mentioned in the tune? Well, someone has, and apparently, if you want to recreate the song this year, it’s gonna cost quite a bit of dough.
According to the PNC Christmas Price Index, fulfilling all those gifts for your true love will set you back about $39,094.93, which is a 1.2% increase from last year. Broken down by gift the costs are:
- A Partridge in a Pear Tree - $220.13
- Two Turtle Doves - $375
- Three French Hens - $181.50
- Four Calling Birds - $599.96
- Five Gold Rings - $750
- Six Geese-A-Laying - $390
- Seven Swans-A-Swimming - $13,125
- Eight Maids-A-Milking - $58
- Nine Ladies Dancing - $7,552.84
- Ten Lords-A-Leaping - $10,000
- Eleven Pipers Piping - $2,804.40
- Twelve Drummers Drumming - $3,038.10
- Now if $39K sounds like a lot, imagine if you shelled out for the totality of the song. With all the repetitions it amounts to 364 gifts, for a total of $170,609.46.
Source: PNC Financial