Plenty of us sit around trying to think of something new to do with our weekends or our time off, but it isn’t always easy. But there are tons of great things to do all over the world, and "Time Out" is here with some suggestions.
In case you missed it, the magazine just came out with their list of the 50 Best Things To Do in the World Right Now, based on 5,000 recommendations in 400 destinations. The picks were chosen from survey of 15,000 travelers around the world, with editors choosing places and activities based on “uniqueness, authenticity, timeliness, place, audacity and sheer cultural brilliance.”
So what is the best thing to do right now? Well, it turns out it’s tour the Yayoi Kusama Museum in Tokyo, with art that includes giant polka dot pumpkins, a psychedelic flower sculpture and more. A little closer to folks in the U.S. is the second choice, Brooklyn, New York’s House of Yes, a club featuring a variety of entertainment including body painters, aerialists, dancers and more.
Top Ten Things To Do Right Now (click here for the complete list)
- Yayoi Kusama Museum, Tokyo, Japan
- House of Yes, Brooklyn, NY
- Solar Egg by Bigert & Bergström for Riksbyggen, Kiruna, Sweden - agiant, shiny golden-mirror-clad sculpture.
- Meow Wolf, Santa Fe, NM - an immersive, interactive art installation for adults and kids
- Tejo at Los Amigos Club, Cali, Colombia - a sport in which players throw metal pucks into a goal packed with clay
- The Museum of Old & New Art, Tasmania, Australia – a museum built underground and accessed by a high speed ferry
- Cinespia, Los Angeles – movies shown on the Hollywood Forever Cemetery lawn
- Casa Vicens, Barcelona – A house designed by Gaudi in 1854
- Mil in Maras, Peru - Peru’s only high-altitude dining establishment, which overlooks the ruins of Moray
- Time Out Market Lisbon, Portugal – features 32 restaurants and kiosks, eight bars and cafes, five shops and more.
Source: Time Out