Even if you didn’t resolve to spend less time on your screens in 2019, it’s always nice to put the phones down, turn off the TV and connect with your sweetie the old fashioned way. Digitally detoxing while spending quality time with your partner is a win-win and these date night ideas have nothing to do with technology.
- Game Night - Kick it old school with a board game like Scrabble or Connect 4 and enjoy some friendly competition or use your collective brainpower to do a crossword or Sudoku puzzle together.
- Cook Around The World - Put all the things you’ve seen on “Chopped” or “Top Chef” to work and cook up some recipes from a different part of the world than you typically eat or cook.
- Wine Tasting - Head to a winery or your nearest wine bar that holds classes and tasting sessions and sip and learn more about good vino.
- Home Spa Night - Bring on the self-care as a couple with a night of rest and relaxation. Pamper yourselves with face masks, soak in a hot bath, and go all out and hire a professional masseuse - or even better, give each other a rub down and feel even more connected.
- Joy Ride - When was the last time you guys just drove around aimlessly, listening to music and taking in the fresh air? It’s probably been too long. You can make your drive even better by making a mix tape of your favorite old tunes and don’t forget the road snacks.
- Take a Class - From cooking to sip-and-paint classes, there’s bound to be something you’ve always wanted to try or learn, so find a class in the community that interests you both and learn together.
- Movie Night - It’s not completely “digital-free,” but this is about seeing a movie the way it was meant to be seen, on the big screen, in a dark theater, where it’s taboo to use your phone and light up the room. Don’t be that person.