We’re all about getting maximum benefits from our skin- and hair-care routine for the absolute minimum effort required. But since we can’t just take our makeup off with a paper towel and some dish soap every few days and still have glowing, healthy skin, these tips can help lazy types and slackers do the very least and still look good.
- Invest in a silk pillowcase- The silk won’t suck moisture from your hair and skin like a cotton pillowcase will, plus the silk ones don’t scrunch up your skin as much, so you don’t get as many sleep lines.
- Turn on the humidifier- It’ll keep your sinuses from drying up and help moisturize your skin at the same time.
- Try an overnight face mask- Put it on, snooze, wake up with dewy skin. Doesn’t get much easier than that.
- Wrap your hair in a microfiber towel- They cut down on drying time and don’t cause as much frizz as a regular towel.
- Dryer sheets to the rescue- Out of dry shampoo? Try running a dryer sheet across your hair when you can’t wash it and it can help pick up static, dirt, and oil. Hey, desperate times call for desperate measures, right?
- The Five-Minute Face- Master the art of getting ready in a rush with a little tinted moisturizer, a dab of concealer, a bit of cream blush, brow gel, and mascara, then finish it off with some lip color and you’re good to go.
- Keep makeup wipes by your bed- We know it’s important to take our makeup off and wash our faces before bed, but we’re lazy, so it doesn’t always happen. Luckily, there’s a quick fix: just leave some micellar water wipes near your bed and you’re much more likely to give your skin the swipe it needs before snoozing.