Just in time for Women’s History Month, a new report by WalletHub reveals which states do the best at treating their female population fairly.
- The site just released their annual Best States For Women list.
- They looked at all 50 states and the District of Columbia across 24 key indicators of living standards for women.
- They include median earnings, women’s preventative healthcare, job security, share of women-owned business, female homicide rates and more.
- Massachusetts earns the honor of the Best State for Women, earning a 75.66 out of 100.
- Massachusetts comes in first for Women’s Health & Safety, and fifth for economic and social well-being.
- Minnesota, which ranks second overall, is tops for women’s economic and social well-being.
The Ten Best U.S. States For Women
- District of Columbia
- Rhode Island
On the other end of the spectrum, Louisiana is the worst state for women, with an overall score of just 32.26, coming in dead last for economic and social well-being, and 46th for health and safety.
The Ten Worst States in the U.S. for Women
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
to find out where your state lands.
Photo Credit: Getty Image