Beaches in Massachusetts will reopen as of Monday, May 25, Memorial Day. To avoid problems and surprises, here's some of the most frequently asked questions answered.
- Masked are required at the beach, but not while swimming.
- Social distancing of 6 feet is still in effect, and it's suggested that we keep at 12 feet from blanket/towel areas on the beach.
- Gatherings of 10 or more are prohibited, so keep your group small.
- No volleyball, football, soccer, or bocce
- No indoor showers, water fountains, water refill stations will be open for now.
- Picnic areas are a tricky situation with lots of variables so maybe plan on food right out of the cooler.
- Parking lots will be open, but no tailgating.
Photo: Getty Images North America