We may be standing six feet apart, but things will slowly be getting back to business as usual at Costco. And to make your shopping experience more enjoyable and economically-friendly, try these tips on your next trip.
- Fill up at the food court first- Costco’s famous food courts are opening back up slowly and they’re a cheap place to fuel up for your shopping trip.
- Enjoy the free samples, but make sure you really want them before you buy- Costco’s samples will be back this month with some new rules and shoppers are excited about the news. But even though we love to test out new products for free, we don’t need to fill our carts with purchases we don’t really need.
- Be reasonable with bulk buys- Sure, buying in bulk almost always makes the cost per unit cheaper, but if you buy everything in bulk, you may end up with too many perishable items to eat before they go bad.
- Sometimes brand names are better values- Kirkland brand items are often great bargains, but sometimes at Costco, brand name products, like shampoo and coffee, can be cheaper than Kirkland.
- Don’t take the scenic route- The more time you’re in the store, the more likely you are to add things to your cart that you don’t need.
- Reusable bags help alot- Those cut up boxes only hold
As a bonus, here's a few insider Costco shopping tips from Moneywise.
Photo: AFP via Getty Images