Suzanne's long past the "organize the closets" phase of the pandemic. She's moved on to other household chores that are far from frequent but still need occasional attention. This morning she gave us her technique for descaling the coffee maker. It's a fancy word for really, really cleaning it. And it makes the coffee great!
- Descale the coffee maker-descaling solution is available, but consider vinegar as a substitute. And remember to rinse, rinse, rinse!
- Oil wood cutting boards-mineral oil is best. Oil them whenever you change oil in your car
- Clean the dishwasher- A cup of vinegar in the top rack does a great job. Go once a month.
- Clean the washing machine - there are washing machine pellets available. Try this every few months.
- Self-clean the oven-remember, the door is locked tight and the temp is high!!!
Photo: Getty Images