Americans have had a lot of downtime during coronavirus lockdowns, and apparently a lot of folks put that time to good use and developed a hobby.
- A new survey finds:
Over a third of Americans say they picked up at least one new hobby during the pandemic.
- 93% of respondents say with all that time spent at home, their hobby gave them a sense of purpose.
- 89% say it taught them something new about themselves.
So what hobbies were the most popular?
- Not surprising, cooking/baking topped the list (63%), followed by:
- Reading (51%)
- Playing video games (41%)
- Playing board games (31%)
- Meditating (28%)
- Painting/drawing (27%)
- Of those with a new hobby, three-quarters say they got an end product from their efforts.
- 85% of those folks plan to give their new creations as presents over the holidays this year.
- 68% believe those gifts will be more meaningful than store-bought gifts.
Photo: Getty Images