While dogs and cats are loving and adorable, there’s one thing future pet owners need to realize – they don’t come cheap.
A new survey finds:
- Before bringing a pet home, the typical pet owner will spend $176 right off the bat for supplies and adoption fees.
- Then they’ll likely spend another $111 month on their furbabies.
- This of course can prove quite expensive, translating to $13,320 over 10 years, which is the average lifespan of most dogs and cats.
And pets aren’t just a financial burden, they can also add a lot of anxiety and worry to pet owners’ lives.
- Owners' biggest concerns about their pets include:
- That their pet will get hurt (46%)
- That their pet will get sick (45%)
- That their pet is unhappy (33%)
- That their pet will get lost (31%)
- That their pet will hurt someone (26%)