While a lot of people hate doing chores around the house, there’s one that often stands out as the worst, especially amongst younger generations, and we don’t exactly disagree.
A new survey finds:
- 68% of young adults say laundry is their most dreaded chore.
- The top reasons it’s hated include:
- It’s time consuming (52%)
- They dislike parts of the process, like loading the machine, folding, etc. (50%)
- 40% also think it’s too easy to mess up.
- 43% hate it because it has to be done so often, an average of three times a week.
Some have such negative opinions about laundry they find reasons not to do it.
- 66% of young adults avoid washing their favorite clothes because they worry the washing machine will ruin them. (could be because many question their own laundry skills)
- 69% say they are sure they know how to do laundry correctly.
- This is despite differing opinions on what constitutes the right way to do it.
- As for how they learned to do laundry:
- 42% say they learned from their parents and older siblings.
- 23% learned by experimenting on their stuff.
- 20% got tips from social media and online tutorials.
Let's all be glad we didn't have to do laundry 60 years ago!