People often say the kitchen is the heart of the home, and there’s good reason for it. It seems a new survey finds folks spend a lot of time in their kitchen, often making memories that will last a lifetime.
The survey by Bosch Home Appliances finds:
- Americans spend about 67 minutes per day in their kitchen.
- That translates to more than 400 hours a year.
- Most people say they are the ones cooking themselves breakfast (29%), lunch (21%) and dinner (23%), although most say their partners help them in the kitchen.
- And for many people, the kitchen was an important place to be to spend time making memories with family.
- In fact, 77% of people say growing up they would cook with their family at least once a week.
- 31% say they would cook with their family every day.
- 37% of those polled say they have fond memories of eating meals together as a family.
- 36% say the same about cooking with relatives.
And all this time in the kitchen is making people pretty confident about their cooking.
- Most people say they themselves are the best cook in the family, followed by their mom and then their partner or spouse.
- 72% insist the family chef is just as good as any pro or celebrity chef out there.