- Close friends: You have room for three to five close friends – the ones who’ve been with you through ups and downs, the ones you can always call when you need to.
- Lifelong friends: These could be close friends, but you’ve known them all your life, and there’s a depth of understanding because of shared experience and background.
- Friends of convenience: You find yourself spending a lot of time with a neighbor or someone with a common interest, like running.
- Work friends: We get a lot of support from people in our jobs, who have a better idea of the challenges you face on a daily basis.
- Same-chapter-of-life friends: They may not be close friends, but people who are going through things like parenthood or divorce speak your language.
Pretty good list but they left off one very important type of friend...the RICH friend!