Pepper Gum Causes Sickness At Orange Mass Elementary School

Ten kids were taken to the hospital from Dexter Park Elementary School in Orange after trying some very spicy bubble gum. Superintendent of Schools Elizabeth Teahan-Zielinski said one student purchased a pack of gum online and offered it to several students during recess.

An investigation is underway over just what happened. “I ask that you speak with your child about bringing in candy or accepting such items in school, which are not permitted as part of our wellness policy,” Teahan-Zielinski said. “It is difficult for students to understand that items can often contain ingredients others are allergic to or created to cause physical distress.”


Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content