A new poll finds:
- 50% of people say the best time to propose is during a romantic dinner.
- Other optimal proposal times include:
- During a holiday (47%)
- On vacation (46%)
- During a concert (36%)
- At a wedding (36%)
- But people also have strong opinions about the wrong way/time to pop the question, with a proposal via text being the worst (41%), followed by:
- Phone call (39%)
- At a fast food restaurant (28%)
- At their parents’ house (24%)
- During a sporting event (23%)
- Overall, 28% of people admit they love cheesy, over-the-top proposals.
- 31% would prefer something private and intimate, although secretly 67% say they do love an over-the-top proposal.
- 58% of people say they regret how their proposal happened.
- 45% wish they could do it over.
- 31% have lied to make their proposal seem more impressive than it was.
- 23% lied to make their proposal seem more low-key than it was.
Source: SWNS Digital